February is the perfect time to focus on your furry friend’s health as it is National Cat Health Month!
The following are some helpful tips to ensure that your faithful companion is well looked after to ensure a long and happy life.
1. Ensure your cat sees a veterinarian annually for a general health check!
Yearly visits to your veterinarian will allow us to catch any potential issues and ensure that your kitty is happy and healthy!
2. Keep Vaccinations up to date!
– During the annual checkup, we will go over any necessary vaccinations that will ensure your cat doesn’t contract any illnesses. That would be caused by being in contact with other pets or the outdoors!
3. Ensure to Spay or Neuter your Cat
– Spaying or neutering your cat will help reduce the animal population. In addition, you will help potentially prevent illnesses or conditions directly related to the reproductive organs. Any questions you may have about spaying and/or neutering your cat – please do not hesitate to ask any of the staff here at Torbay Road Animal Hospital.
4. Ensure your cat’s teeth and gums are healthy!
5. An active cat is a happy cat! Ensure they have lots of interactive toys to play with and things to keep them busy! Ensuring they are not bored can also cut down on any destructive behaviours!
6. Love your cat! Now that their health is looked after – take the time to cuddle and bond with them! Cat’s crave attention and will love spending time with you!
Any questions you have related to your cat and your cat’s health – please give us a call at the clinic, 709-753-0506, and we will happily answer any questions you may have!
Written by: Torbay Road Animal Hospital