Have you ever given thought to adopt a senior pet? While many pet lovers do this they don’t generally know the pet’s history and they know their time is often limited, they open their hearts and their homes regardless.
There are many benefits of adopting a senior pet. Some of them include:
- Older pets often have manners.
- Senior pets are less destructive.
- What you see is what you get.
- You can certainly teach an old dog new tricks.
- You can get exactly what you’re looking for.
- Older pets are relaxing to hang out with.
- Adopted senior pets are grateful for your kindness.
- You can be a hero to a deserving pet.
Some senior pets can come with a rocky past! But, pets are often superstars at forgiving and forgetting. No matter what their history is, older pets are ready to leave their past behind them and enjoy love and snuggles for the rest of their days.
What could be more rewarding than giving a second chance to a senior pet? If you feel your heart and your home is ready, please feel free to give us a call at the clinic, and we can answer any questions you might have.
Written by Torbay Road Animal Hospital