June 17th is officially known as “bring your cat to work day.” Bringing your dog to work or into more workplaces has become a far more common practice. So it is not surprising to see cats having their day as well.
If this is something you and your furry feline would like to participate in, there are some questions you may want to ask yourself before packing up your kitty and heading to work.
- Are you allowed to bring your cat to your workplace? Is this something your workplace participates in? Some workplaces may not, especially for sanitary purposes.
- Would your furry friend enjoy this as much as you? Is your feline a cat that likes to keep to themselves in a quiet area? Then maybe, a fast-paced work environment is not an ideal spot for your kitty.
- Are you able to work and not stress about your cat while they are at your workplace? If not, then leave them home. No need to cause more trouble or stress on yourself then you need.
If you asked yourself the above questions and it has been approved to bring your cat to work there are a few things to keep in mind before leaving the house with them.
- A litter box — all kitties need this, or it will be an unpleasant day with no bathroom for them to use.
- Food — I am sure you can get an endless supply of water at your office, but don’t let your kitty starve and end up having a cranky partner in crime.
- A bed — bring along a comfy bed for them to lay in. It will be something they know and are familiar with.
Hopefully, you and your pet have a great day celebrating this animal holiday at your workplace. Make sure to take lots of pictures!
Written by: Torbay Road Animal Hospital