We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Animal euthanasia is the act of putting an animal to death in a humane way. There could be many reasons for euthanasia including incurable and especially painful conditions. Euthanasia methods are designed to cause dogs minimal pain and distress.
What is pet euthanasia and how do I know when it’s the right time?
To decide to euthanize your dog is often one of the hardest things to do as a pet owner. Considering their overall health and quality of life is often a determining factor.
How is the euthanasia drug administered?
The euthanasia drug is administered via I.V. catheter.
What is the cost of dog euthanasia?
The cost of a dog euthanasia can vary depending on the weight of your animal and your preference for dealing with your beloved’s remains after the procedure. Please call the clinic and we can compassionately walk you through the process including the price.
Does your clinic provide bereavement counselling?
No. However, we can recommend someone in the local area.
We have been going to this clinic since getting our first dog five years ago. The service is excellent,…
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Friday, March 19, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 709.753.0506. We will take a history of your pet from outside your car, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, the Doctor will either call you or come out to talk to you to discuss the treatment etc for your pet. For those who do not have a mobile phone, an easy knock at the door will work the same way!
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. We are closed Saturday & Sunday.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Torbay Road Animal Hospital